domingo, 14 de junio de 2009

When Time for Reflection Arrives

If one of these human states is missing or decreasing, then the Time for Reflection is near: Happiness, Tranquility, Joy and Calmness.

Once upon a time, Albert Einstein said: "To make a goal of comfort or happiness has never appealed to me; a system of ethics built on this basis would be sufficient only for a herd of cattle." This is one of those quotes that keeps floating in my mind until I find an example for applying them. Now, from my updated point of view, it seems these states of the mind does not motivate thinking or imagination!! Two very useful things to do with our mind to improve our style of living better and better as time passes.

Although I don't like the way this can look like (that is why I won't generalize here), it seems the effort I do in order to stay in Happiness, Tranquility, Joy and Calmness, is inversely proportional to the level of understanding to my real life and world, or, in other words, my maturity.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario