miércoles, 5 de agosto de 2009

We do everything, except what is a must!

Some people say it is because we are lazy by nature, but nevertheless, this is not a good saying for somebody who wants to erradicate that malicious habit.

I fight against this way of acting everyday. I don't understand why it keeps coming again and again. I think this is one of the elements of the eternal fight between feelings and reasoning. History has documented very well the fact that momentaneous feelings of pleasure are not better than small and continuous good feelings, but we always keep pushing for those little moments, even though they are nothing in the long run.

As George Bernard Shaw said in Maxims for Revolutionists: "The most intolerable pain is produced by prolonging the keenest pleasure." We always forget this topic, even though we know this is a real truth about the life. Why do we forget it from time to time?

Maybe He want us to focus on the emotions and feelings, and not too much about the material gain we need to live this life...

Another one from Shaw: "I'm an atheist and I thank God for it." It's funny, isn't it? I believe in God, but in my own stylized way. He exists, but He doesn't act the same with everybody, well, in some cases, so I think the laziness against our duties is an universal failure He is thinking how to correct. People, please help him to find an answer!! I need it too! :-D

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario