lunes, 16 de noviembre de 2009

Symphony or Trance?

Some months ago, I started to perceive something about the type of songs I like, specially songs without lyrics. In my case, I feel some songs try to transmit feelings of Struggle, Sadness, and a never-ending action to improve your actual situation in life. I feel this because I find inside some songs a mix of sad and happy phases, as well as an ending phase on which there are elements related to one those first parts. Even more, I perceive this quality not only belongs to classical music, but modern music as well. I will bring some contrasting examples on which I feel this equilibrium between happy and sad tunes:

David Wise - Stickerbrush Symphony - Donkey Kong Country 2
(Michiko Naruke) Bramble Blast - Smash Bros. Brawl

Claude Debussy - Clair de Lune (I really like his piano skills)
Basshunter - En Porrig Sommar (Great song, but bad title)

Beethoven Vs. ATB.

When I knew that 'Donkey Kong Country Returns' was in development, in 2010-06-18 09:00 GTM -4, I was marveled when I thought about how the song was arranged. The first part seems like a crying phase, the next part looks like resolution-building phase, and all the next sounds are the long party phase.

Also, "Louie Devito - Take your time", has a similar structure. I think there are plenty of songs with contrasting themes. Maybe my taste is rare. :-\

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario